Sample Room & Sales Assistant
The Sample Room Clerk and Sales Assistant’s primary responsibility is owning the sample order fulfillment process. They will work with members of several departments to ensure samples are stocked, picked, packed, and shipped on-time to meet our strategic promise and meet our customers’ expectations. Secondary duties will be performed as assigned, including data and order entry tasks. This individual must be reliable, customer-focused, work safely, quickly, and accurately, and have a positive attitude.
- Pick and pack all sample orders for shipment the same day to ensure 100% on-time delivery
- Proactively provide accurate and expedient information
- Efficiently multi-task and handle multiple deadlines simultaneously
- Perform cycle count of finished goods
- Maintain stock levels by reordering and checking in product daily
- Provide proof of delivery as requested by Customer Service and Finance Departments
- Coordinate with Sales on orders and production/lab on custom samples
- Coordinate with Marketing to maintain all stock levels on marketing materials
- Enter shop orders and put away material
- Manage, stage, and label correct inventory for kit assembly in-house
- Review inventory for quality of samples
- Work closely with the Customer Service and Sales teams to meet customers’ needs
- Use computer inventory management program to document all inventory transactions, shipping, receiving, and material inquiries
- Route and ship outgoing product
- Always maintain the highest standard of safety and hold others to the same standard.
- Perform daily and weekly “housekeeping” activities in the sample room, keeping it clean and organized at all times
- Provide ideas for the elimination of waste, recycling opportunities, continuous improvement and defect prevention
- Scan and maintain files
- Consistently carry out the policies of the Company
- Act as the customer’s advocate internally and coordinate any internal resources to resolve their requests or issues
- Take a sales-minded approach to servicing customers while balancing the need to follow procedures
- Communicate vital information (pricing, lead times, etc) to customers via phone and email
- Navigate systems and reference materials to research customer issues and provide accurate information
- Acts with urgency and speed while maintaining accuracy
- Adaptable and accountable
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Excellent reading comprehension skills
- Team player
- Ability to work independently and take initiative without immediate supervision.
- Detail-oriented and self-driven
- Empathy and understanding towards others, especially in stressful circumstances.
- Excellent reasoning and analytical ability
- General computer & data entry experience with proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Ability to learn and perform in several different systems and practice continuous improvement
- Read, understand and apply all related SOP’s that support the position.
- Comfortable learning new software and using several programs concurrently
- A natural ability to solve customer problems through excellent written, verbal, and listening skills
- Will require lifting
To apply, please send your resume to Careers@duraco.com