The Process Engineer will be responsible for maintaining and improving sampling and manufacturing processes at Duraco. The Engineer will evaluate feasibility, design tooling and help determine the most cost-effective manufacturing processes for custom projects.
- Lead prioritization, communication, tracking and reporting on custom and derivative samples and PPAP for new business.
- Provide technical and application support on key projects during quote and sample stages.
- Determine machine selection, rates, and BOM/ROU optimization for new parts.
- Assist cost estimator with production information at quoting stages.
- Generation and/or validation of pre-production samples.
- Perform PPAP’s.
- Own complete die management system, including design, maintenance, physical storage disposition and data base maintenance for dies/tools and shims.
- Lead process improvement projects.
- Lead CAPA and CAPEX projects.
- Perform new equipment initial production runs and develop the necessary standard operating procedures (SOP) to ensure the safety of our production staff.
- Participate on AQP meetings.
- Determine and validate the optimal production processes to fabricate a specified part and enter clearly defined fabrication instructions understood at all levels of the company.
- Initialize or provide input for part production instruction changes or updates.
- Review and appraise current manufacturing process/methods and propose improvements.
- Solicit and provide ideas for the elimination of waste, continuous improvement, and defect prevention before and after product commercialization.
- Support NPD programs.
- Carry out responsibilities in accordance with Duraco Safety standards and ISO 9001:2015 standards.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Results driven.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Able to communicate with all levels in the organization (from operation to executive team).
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously.
- Strong reasoning and analytical ability.
- Comfortable navigating changing priorities.
- Comfortable working in a manufacturing environment.
- Understands and easily connects products, technologies, and capabilities.
- Demonstrated ability to work across different systems and adapt to new processes.
- Outstanding personal integrity and ethics.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering.
- 1-2 years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products with advanced experience in Excel.
- AUTOCAD experience preferred.
- Experience in die-cutting, web handling and/or adhesive coating highly preferred.
- Previous Project Management experience preferred.
- Previous Lean Manufacturing experience preferred.
Please submit your resume to Careers@duraco.com