The plant Controller has the functional responsibility for production/financial reporting, monitoring of actual results, accounts payable, accounts receivable, forecasting, planning, and analysis for this manufacturing site. The controller is a key role in the local management team.
- Lead a team of 6 direct reports to manage and report on all financial aspects of this manufacturing site.
- Oversee routine daily operations of Accounting Department in compliance with GAAP.
- Report financial performance of the company on an as needed basis – including formal monthly reporting.
- Ensure monthly balance sheet reconciliations are completed and reviewed on time and accurately.
- Consistently improve all finance processes and procedures with a goal of making the department as efficient as possible to our internal and external customers while maintaining a strong internal control environment.
- Prepare annual plan and periodic forecasts; report results accordingly.
- Serve as business partner to the local management team in support of operational requirements.
- Understand implications of financial results and proactively communicate to operations team the areas of concern and reason for gaps in expected outcome.
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to the general ledger.
- Ensure business is compliant with all state sales and use and franchise tax filings.
- Monitor and review accounting and related system reports for accuracy and completeness.
- Review and approve all payments to vendors.
- Manage the annual external audit
- Support capital equipment requests and applicable tracking of expenditures.
- Review and approve payroll and sales commissions in accordance with company requirements.
- Train and provide regular feedback to accounting staff as required.
- Assist with treasury management
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: Required Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required in either accounting or finance.
- CPA or CMA is preferred but not required.
- 7+ years of related experience in a manufacturing environment
- Previous experience as a plant controller.
- Experience within a growth, outcome based and execution focused organization is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to translate financial results into operational recommendations.
- 5+ years of experience managing people.
- Experience in a multi-plant public or private company is a plus.
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org