The Material Planner is essential to ensuring the operational needs of the business are met. The individual is responsible for maintaining optimal inventory and supply levels, as well as, addressing supply challenges. Material Planner utilizes strong negotiation and relationship building skills with suppliers, to obtain quality goods and services on time, at the lowest price.
- Oversees and maintains current inventory.
- Prepares and processes purchase orders and requisitions for materials, supplies, and equipment.
- Provide consultation on manufacturing schedules and delivery promises. Investigate production delays and difficulties, recommend alternative materials or methods of manufacturing.
- Supports VP of Supply Chain in pricing and contract negotiations with suppliers.
- Research vendors and collects prices, specifications, and other data related to goods and services.
- Acts as MRP Subject Matter Expert (SME) for Purchasing team. Identifies system gaps & improvements and drives corrective action.
- Develops and maintains relationships with suppliers.
- Generates OTIF reports and assigns reason codes.
- Review Promise, Stock and On Time reports daily.
- Assesses current material availability; reasonably predicts future availability based on the market, delivery systems, and other variables.
- Resolves grievances with vendors, contractors, and suppliers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
- Minimum of 3+ years related experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with proven negotiation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Thorough understanding of materials and supplies used in the company.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Less than 20% domestic travel required.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times
- Must be able to access all areas of the facility to determine needs.