Manager of Continuous Improvement
The Manager Continuous Improvement is an experienced professional change agent responsible for the development and implementation of a multi-year continuous improvement program and coordination of all activities associated with deployment and execution.
This is an enterprise level role but will be focused on detailed execution.
This role serves as the leader on the application LEAN, Six Sigma, statistical process control, and process analysis/implementation tools.
The MCI will lead and execute strategic, cross-functional projects with high visibility and impact to the operations, including revenue growth of the company. The MCI’s interaction with organizational leadership typically stimulates thinking by posing new ways of doing things and challenges status quo by demonstrating successful application of new methodologies.
The MCI will be analytical, data driven, results and process driven by nature, possess strong interpersonal skills, and have a desire and passion for continuous improvement. The MCI will be responsible for the monitoring and improving of the organizational processes making them as efficient as possible.
- Develop, lead, and manage continuous improvement program within and across sites. Must be able to challenge the status quo and be a strong communicator.
- Develop the KPI’s to track and drive continuous improvement.
- Build a Continuous Improvement Team to provide the focus to the operation of the facilities
- Subject matter expert in continuous improvement concepts and tools, and LEAN principles to drive breakthrough performance in people, quality, material flow, and cost.
- Minimum of seven to ten years of hands-on lean kaizen and kaikaku, including VSM, daily management, standard work, cell design, material flow, TPM, SMED, 3P/layout, 5S and visual management.
- Builds a strong network and relationships with internal customers to gain buy-in.
- Drive the mapping of workflows, remove waste and non-value-added activities, and recommend solutions. Lead implementation of changes, acting as leader, manager, and mentor of entire organization.
- Partners with plant & departmental leadership teams to develop and manage a project portfolio. Identify, prioritize, and execute projects to improve safety, quality, process capability and customer satisfaction. Responsible for working effectively with operations to define process and quality issues, measure current process performance, analyze root cause, and develop/implement targeted process improvement to achieve sustained performance and standard work.
- LEAN experience from a company with a strong, formal lean business system. Solid lean tool technical skills, project management experience and decision-making capability.
- Experience leading strategy deployment and goal deployment, as well as developing a site-side lean roadmap with demonstrated results.
- Proven track record leading and coaching week-long kaikaku teams with an emphasis on execution
- Ability to influence cross-functional site leadership, with excellent written and verbal communication skills, well respected by leadership and associates.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Working knowledge of multiple business functions, including operations, quality, logistics, finance, sales, customer service, engineering, IT, and human resources.
- Strong analytical and data management skills.
- Experienced in all Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong knowledge of ERP and MRP functionality
- Ability to work independently and cross-functionally in a matrix organization.
- Experience training and coaching a formal problem-solving methodology.
- Ability to effectively lead and manage change
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently in a dynamic, complex, operations environment
- Identifies and drives strategic improvements and leads cross-functional team
- Detail oriented and driven
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree, ideally in a related discipline e.g., engineering, operations
- LEAN, 6 sigma, or quality certification preferred
- Minimum of 10 years manufacturing experience in a manufacturing environment
- Project management experience strongly preferred
Physical and Travel Requirements
- Up to 50% time traveling
- Work environment consists frequent presence (up to 75%) on the manufacturing floor
The job description is not an exhaustive listing of all responsibilities and may be revised at any time.
Why Work at Duraco?
We are a Team of respectful, collaborative, and passionate individuals who value integrity, accountability, and teamwork. Your voice is heard, individuality is valued, and you are encouraged to bring new ideas to the table. We embrace change and are excited to continue down the path of rapid growth. We believe in working hard and having fun.
Duraco is B2B manufacturer of pressure-sensitive tapes and specialty materials, which are sold into highly attractive end markets including Point-of-Purchase displays, appliances, transit packaging, construction, signage, and HVAC. Duraco’s application-specific tapes are strong alternatives to mechanical fasteners and traditional glues offering longevity, strength, efficiencies in customer’s assembly operations and breadth of substrates. The company is headquartered in Forest Park, IL and has a workforce of 250 employees. Duraco has been maintaining loyal relationships for over 40 years and is continuously growing with over 6,800 customers.
We Believe in Equal Opportunities
We are stronger as a team that welcomes diverse perspectives, experiences, and approaches to foster a stronger, smarter, and more informed Duraco. We are committed to providing opportunities with equal possible outcomes for all. At Duraco, we want to make sure that all feel safe, confident, empowered, respected, and valued. We seek to acknowledge and dismantle inequities within our policies, systems, programs, and services, and we will constantly challenge ourselves to improve our company in regard to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
To apply send resume to Careers@duraco.com