The Machine Operator efficiently and safely produces the requested product to specification with the goal of providing an optimal product to the customer as required.
- Set-up, adjust and operate any production equipment to specified instructions and tolerances after completing the appropriate training sessions.
- Run any combination of the following: compactor, hydraulic presses, slitters, coaters, laminators, corona treater, skiver, fork lift truck, order picker lifts, hand lift truck, hand truck, hand tools, vacuum, hoists, broom/shovel, scissors and utility knife.
- Material handling including; unloading and loading of stock, raw material and scrap.
- Request production overviews to ensure equipment is setup properly and the correct product is produced to customer specifications.
- Calculate rates, yields and quantities produced.
- Relate job card specifications to actual production parts by use of measurement devices to ensure the quality of the product.
- Construct cartons and stack/pack processed parts into specified cartons.
- Understands and practices all directives of the Duraco Safety and Health Management Program.
- Appropriately document knowledge of and/or participation in all systems, procedures, projects, investigations, rules of thumb, preventive measures, AQP, EQD’s, IQD’s and SQD’s. Reference item documented to concerned parties via email and/or weekly minutes.
- Maintain communication links with all departments and company personnel in a professional and respectful manner.
- Participate in and/or respond to AQP (Advanced Quality Planning) team investigations, JHA (Job Hazard Analysis) and EH&S (Environment, Health and Safety) inspections.
- Practice continuous improvement strategies while continually monitoring production activities (rates & yields) in order to increase productivity and product quality while reducing waste.
- Utilize the computer for information gathering, label making and data collection.
- Notify Management of any problems / questions regarding a job to minimize equipment downtime and ensure gainful employment.
- Handle inspection equipment with care to ensure the equipment’s protection and usability.
- Monitor equipment for unsafe conditions and notify Management of any problems.
- Keep the department clean with aisles open and fire extinguishers accessible.
- Daily: Perform end of shift/job cleanup of workstation. (5 minutes allotted to perform cleanup)
- Conduct all work activity to ISO 9000 standards and procedures.
- To carry out responsibilities in accordance with ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 standards.
- Understand thoroughly the production processes trained in including the capability of the tools, equipment and machinery utilized in its support.
- Read & understand the Employee Handbook and the Rules of Conduct for plant employees subject to collective bargaining.
- Read & understand the Labor Contract and Working Agreement for the plant employees.
- Understand the procedures outlined in the QMS, EMS and OHSMS.
- Understand thoroughly the materials, their characteristics and how they are used in the process.
- Read, understand, and apply all related SOP’s that support the position.
- Be physically capable of handling heavier materials with the proper lifting devices (50+ lbs).
- While working, be able to stand, walk, lift, carry, push, pull, stoop, crouch, reach, handle, finger, feel, talk and hear. In addition, visual clarity near, far, peripherally and identifying color are necessary.
- Demonstrate basic arithmetic skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division) along with the use of a calculator.
- Demonstrate Complete understanding and use of the ruler and other measuring devices.
- Read, speak, write, and understand the English language.
The job description is not an exhaustive listing of all responsibilities and may be revised at any time.
To apply, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org