Commercial Team Support
Job Title: Commercial Team Support FLSA Status: Hourly Non-Exempt
Location: Forest Park, IL Department: Commercial
Reporting to: Customer Care Manager Direct Reports: None
The Commercial Team Support’s primary responsibility is owning the sample order fulfillment process. They will work with members of several departments to ensure samples are stocked, picked, packed, and shipped on-time to meet our strategic promise and meet our customers’ expectations. Secondary duties will be performed as assigned, including data and order entry tasks. This individual must be reliable, customer-focused, work safely, quickly, and accurately, and have a positive attitude.
- Pick and pack all sample orders for shipment the same day to ensure 100% on-time delivery
- Proactively provide accurate and expedient information
- Efficiently multi-task and handle multiple deadlines simultaneously
- Perform cycle count of finished goods
- Maintain stock levels by reordering and checking in product daily
- Provide proof of delivery as requested by Customer Service and Finance Departments
- Coordinate with Sales on orders and production/lab on custom samples
- Coordinate with Marketing to maintain all stock levels on marketing materials
- Enter shop orders and put away material
- Manage, stage, and label correct inventory for kit assembly in-house
- Review inventory for quality of samples
- Work closely with the Customer Service and Sales teams to meet customers’ needs
- Use computer inventory management program to document all inventory transactions, shipping, receiving, and material inquiries
- Route and ship outgoing product
- Always maintain the highest standard of safety and hold others to the same standard.
- Perform daily and weekly “housekeeping” activities in the sample room, keeping it clean and organized at all times
- Provide ideas for the elimination of waste, recycling opportunities, continuous improvement and defect prevention
- Scan and maintain files
- Consistently carry out the policies of the Company
- Act as the customer’s advocate internally and coordinate any internal resources to resolve their requests or issues
- Take a sales-minded approach to servicing customers while balancing the need to follow procedures
- Communicate vital information (pricing, lead times, etc) to customers via phone and email
- Navigate systems and reference materials to research customer issues and provide accurate information
- Acts with urgency and speed while maintaining accuracy
- Adaptable and accountable
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Excellent reading comprehension skills
- Team player
- Ability to work independently and take initiative without immediate supervision.
- Detail-oriented and self-driven
- Empathy and understanding towards others, especially in stressful circumstances.
- Excellent reasoning and analytical ability
- General computer & data entry experience with proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Ability to learn and perform in several different systems and practice continuous improvement
- Read, understand and apply all related SOP’s that support the position.
- Comfortable learning new software and using several programs concurrently
- A natural ability to solve customer problems through excellent written, verbal, and listening skills
- Requires lifting up to 50lbs
- Loading and uploading pallets full of products, boxes, and samples
- While working, to be able to stand, walk, lift, carry, push, pull, stoop, crouch, reach, sit, handle, finger, feel, talk and hear
The job description is not an exhaustive listing of all responsibilities and may be revised at any time.
Why Work at Duraco?
We are a Team of respectful, collaborative, and passionate individuals who value integrity, accountability, and teamwork. Your voice is heard, individuality is valued, and you are encouraged to bring new ideas to the table. We embrace change and are excited to continue down the path of rapid growth. We believe in working hard and having fun.
Duraco is B2B manufacturer of pressure-sensitive tapes and specialty materials, which are sold into highly attractive end markets including Point-of-Purchase displays, appliances, transit packaging, construction, signage, and HVAC. Duraco’s application-specific tapes are strong alternatives to mechanical fasteners and traditional glues offering longevity, strength, efficiencies in customer’s assembly operations and breadth of substrates. The company is headquartered in Forest Park, IL and has a workforce of 150 employees. Duraco has been maintaining loyal relationships for over 40 years and is continuously growing with over 6,800 customers.
We Believe in Equal Opportunities
We are stronger as a team that welcomes diverse perspectives, experiences, and approaches to foster a stronger, smarter, and more informed Duraco. We are committed to providing opportunities with equal possible outcomes for all. At Duraco, we want to make sure that all feel safe, confident, empowered, respected, and valued. We seek to acknowledge and dismantle inequities within our policies, systems, programs, and services, and we will constantly challenge ourselves to improve our company in regards to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.